View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #10
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Wow, that explains why readers include option (or so I was told) that allows to reduce contrast.
That is a very good point. The ereaders I have had did not have this option. However, I just took a look at the PRS-350 User's Guide on the US Sony site. There is an explanation on Page 52 about how to "Adjust View" under the Options Menu which allows the ability to custom adjust brightness and contrast. It is about time Sony finally added this feature! For the PRS-500 I remember reading (probably on this forum) how some users would remove the cover and adjust a knob on the hardware inside to change contrast. I did a quick search on "contrast" in the Amazon Kindle 3 User Guide. It does have the ability to change levels of contrast, but it was specifically mentioned with respect to viewing PDF files so I'm not sure if it applies to all types of files.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote