View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Melville, Herman: Moby Dick; Or The Whale. v1. 08 July 07

NEW VERSION THAT REMOVES HANGING LINES FROM TOC!!!!! ---- I want to thank Anais9000 for pointing out how to do this. Thank you. (I don't understand HTML code, but I somehow managed to do this!)

I also corrected the title of the book on the Title Page to read this way: Moby Dick; or, The Whale

Please download this version if you have already downloaded v1.0. --- If you have that, you have an old version.

Earlier version has been deleted.

I've never had so much difficulty putting a book together as this one. I've been so frustrated with this. I tried everything I could think of to do away with the problems, but I was able to work around them. I beleive all the problems are now gone: I checked on all links and they work; they also bring one back to the correct TOC page. As another example of frustration, some Chapters designated as TITLE did not create a page break, but always looked fine before compiling. After compiling, some TITLES looked like left-centered PARAGRAPHS. Again, I "fixed" all that didn't look right by working around the problems and solving them.

So many times I was ready to give up on this and just buy the damn thing from Connect (if it's available; I haven't even checked).

One last little story: I was almost finished and I accidentally clicked on the MOST DREADED IMPLEMENTATION IN BOOKDESIGNER: THE INFAMOUS OPEN EMPTY FILE RIGHT NEXT TO SAVE CURRENT FILE.

I LOST EVERYTHING! (Fortunately, I had saved about 1 hour previous to that mishap, so I lost an hour's work and started all over again.)

I want to thank Roy White for his efforts in first bringing Moby Dick to us here. (His version is also available and you may wish to download his version.)

This is one of my personal favorites and I just had to create Moby Dick with fully functional and working links - links that work both front and back, if you understand what I mean.

I hope you like it. If you don't............

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Melville, Herman - Moby Dick; or, The Whale. v1.5.lrf (791.5 KB, 1455 views)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-09-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Removed hanging lines on TOC
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote