View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:38 AM   #8
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Thanks, Sabardeyn
Yes, adding two times is a salution.

As to getting metadata from the internet, it is possible to get it, to inspect it, to copy to the clipboard and to discard, but to paste from the clipboard what you want.

------- BUG REPORT !!! -----------------

I think I found a bug in Calibre:

My settings for adding books:

v Automerge added books if they already exist in the Calibre library: Create new record for each duplicate format

So, if I add two books at once (let's say epub and mobi) - I get one line and metadata shows boths files there.

And this message is shown:

"The following 1 duplicate books were found and incoming book formats were processed and merged into your Calibre database according to your automerge settings"

If I add those two books one at a time, I get two lines with just one book in the corresponding metadata of each line.

And I get EXACTLY the same message:

"The following 1 duplicate books were found and incoming book formats were processed and merged into your Calibre database according to your automerge settings"

But clearly, this time the books were not merged !
I still have to merge them manually

Because by merging duplicate books the metadata, derived from the file name of each, is not preserved, and because it is not practical to add all the books at once (too many days and no Pause button) - I think I will switch that automerge feature off anyway.

Last edited by parkher; 07-01-2013 at 11:47 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote