View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 08:09 AM   #568
Marrella
Cambrian crab
Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marrella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Pocket Book, Kobo, Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrella View Post
As my personal reading goal for this year is to read or listen to at least 12 classics (I am regrettably uneducated in this area ), I have now started The Call of the Wild by Jack London.
Finished it and liked it. As I said, I usually don't read books with animal protagonists, but this being a classic, I am glad I have made an exception. It was read by William Roberts who did a fine job.

Also finished Illegal Alien by Robert J. Sawyer. It was as enjoyable as ever. And even though I reread it last year, I had already forgotten the twist at the end. I must be getting old.

Also listened to the free sample story from Neil Gaiman's Smoke & Mirrors which I got recently from Audible: Shoggoth's Old Peculiar. I love it when he dives into Lovecraftian territory, and this story is no exception. It is read by the author himself and it is a wonderful reading (like always). I also liked the included sample from his new book quite a bit.

I am currently listening to Barrayar by Lois McMaster Bujold, read by Grover Gardner. Really like it. I read the two Cordelia books in the series ages ago and liked them a lot. Hopefully, they will get me into the mood to continue with the series.

I am also listening to another classic, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, another one I have never read before. I am enjoying it so far.
Marrella is offline   Reply With Quote