View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #40
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
He wrote that one as a means of dealing with his wife's last illness I believe. Sissy was dying (the ultimate long goodbye) and he (as I understand it) wrote it for her first and foremost.
There's a crazy chapter in the middle where a drunken binge turns into something resembling an acid trip. You don't read that in conventional detective tales.

On another note, I've read that Chandler's plotting was not the tightest. I'd agree with that. I think he said that when he didn't know what happened next, he'd send in a guy with a gun.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote