View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by zobop View Post
Is it possible in the preferences and settings to have it so that all converted files keep the same names as they started with?

When I do a large conversion of files, almost all of the file names have changed due to their metadata. Can I have it so the metadata is bypassed and the converted files keep the same name they started as?

This would be a HUGE help.

It is a monumental task to go back and manually edit every single file to be the way you want them. And it is also a monumental task to edit every single file with the metadata editor.

I like to name my files by author first, and then title. Every time I convert files, it changes them to title and then author. But many of the files also get changed to all kinds of things that I have to edit afterwards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Use the Command line interface (CLI) and forget about using the GUI Library.
Read the sticky at the top about structure
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote