View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #171
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by moolyn View Post
Good e-Reader has posted a lengthy and enthusiastic hands-on review of the Kobo Vox that should answer many questions:

http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...full-hands-on/
Thank you for linking to that review. The new Pulse feature is much more intriguing than I had originally thought, and I'm surprised yet glad that the GUI, or at least the launcher, is clearly Gingerbread, instead of being heavily obscured like the Nook Color. (If the tablet really is that 'open', would it be possible to install an alternative launcher then?... just for experimenting.) I guess that also means any interested hacker could eventually detail a method for enabling Android Market access on the Vox.

Bah, I kinda wish I waited for this Vox instead of getting a NC, but I know now at least from using a 7" tablet that I'd much rather a 10". Still, the Vox looks very nice.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote