View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:29 PM   #27
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg_user View Post
One-way synchronization of scribble notes from Pocketbook to the server would be enough. I'd like it to be automatic. I want to make sure I won't lose my notes and I'll have a quick access to them from everywhere.
This is all very sensible, but I don't personally know how to do it easily. You'd probably want something running in the background that monitored the folder where notes go, started up WiFi and uploaded changes when they occurred, and turned off WiFi if it was off before. It's the "upload" part that's tricky. It would depend on what kind of outside storage you have access to. FTP, SFTP, DropBox, HTTP,...

Another problem is that there is no way to have a program start up automatically when the PocketBook device boots up. You'd have to remember to go into the Applications tab and start the program yourself every time. You need root privileges to add a task to the start-up list, and that isn't available in recent firmware versions.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote