View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 07:38 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by friktion View Post
Since I know very little about the Android platform, I am stumped at the moment by how to fix this:

I have (in the "Notifications" roll-down window) 8 processes going on - all installing apps. But none finish downloading/installing the apps, it just goes on and on

For instance, I bought the App of the Day, Documents to Go Full Version Key, and it is still showed as "installing" 5th of 8 on the Notifications menu.

Does anyone know how can I stop/cancel the installs? Right now, nothing is getting thru

So happy this forum exists ...

I'm certainly no expert but, I can offer a few suggestions:

Another sure way to kill all the process at once is to shut down the Fire and then turn it back on. Are you sure the Apps didn't install? When you open up Apps from the Home Screen and select Device do they show up there? You can Clear all the notifications and try again. In fact, it's a good idea to clear notifications regularly because they tend to build up and become clutter. When you open the Apps Menu from the Home Screen you can choose App Store. I don't have a Fire in front of me right now, but if you press Menu on the Options Bar while in the App Store there should be an option for My Apps. All Apps downloaded from Amazon are stored in the Cloud and can be installed again.Try installing them one at a time and see what happens. Maybe there was an App that hiccuped and was creating troubles. Good luck.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-22-2011 at 08:36 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote