View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
It's pretty easy, but I don't read PDF's I use eReader, I prefer it to Stanza which imho is a little laggy sometimes. Just download eReader and you can log into free sites like manybooks or paid sites like Fictionwise right from the app. There is also a personal content feature at Fictionwise where you can upload any .pdb file (free converters are on-line for this) and download it the same way.

Unless you 'jailbreak' you ipod, which has its risks, you pretty much have to get apps from the iTunes store---but there are plenty of free ones. Jailbreaking can be a little tricky, and can damage your ipod if you screw it up. I am too skittish for it, and have found everything I need in the app store anyway, but I am not a 'power use' and all I needed was a reading program, some games and a few other little programs. I am not interested in hacking it to be a computer replacement, so jailbreaking it did not interest me. I just wanted to consolidate my devices a little so I didn't have to carry around so many things. Reading plus ipod plus games in one device is a pretty sweet set-up for me.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote