View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 03:31 PM   #37505
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
For as long as I can remember we've had problems with patron of one café parking his car, on an almost daily basis, on the side walk on the corner.
A former co-worker was a long distance trucker in his younger days. He described finding himself stuck trying to maneuver his 18 wheeler in a city by an illegally parked driver. A police office told him he had to move his truck, and he said "How?" The cop said "That guy isn't supposed to park there, and I've already had conversations with him about it. Drive right over him if you have to!" My friend complied, with two blown tires on the illegally parked car as a result. He couldn't come back to see if the car's owner had actually learned anything, but he would have loved to see the reaction.

For your range rover driver, a big sticker saying "You aren't supposed to park here!" affixed to his driver side windshield that can't be removed without professional help seems appropriate.

In NYC, that sort of behavior gets you towed by the city, with a hefty fine to retrieve your car from the city lot.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote