View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #409
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The PW Kindle has a mistake in the specs. Amazon is calling the screen Paperwhite Built-in light. It's actually an eink screen with a capacitive touch layer and then the light layer on top.

Sony tried the capacitive touch layer and it was a failure. The only thing that Sony didn't do it put the light right on top of the screen. The 700 had a light layer but that was not directly on top and that was not good.

I do look forward to finding out how the Kindle screen looks with the light off. Sure, I can make my 650's background look lighter by having a good light source. But, the idea is to see how the screen looks in normal lighting.

I do like the increased battery capacity and maybe it's possible that with the new fonts it might be OK. I never liked the original Kindle font.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote