View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
Few questions to rooted NST users

Hey all, I finally have a chance to update to pearl screen with very discounted refurb NSTs in ebay, but looking at reviews and videos I could not find the answer of several questions:

1. Does rooting reclaim back the 1gb allocated memory to B&N? I don't really need it, but would love the added space
2. Is there any negative battery implication of the rooting? Resident programs will surely kill it, but if I only root and install some sort of file manager?
3. Speaking of file managers, this is the main reason to root it and organize all my books into folders/subfolders/collections - I have not seen any movie showing the use of one - is there such a thing that I can easily browse the books and when I click on one to open in the default viewer (to be able to use the physical page keys)?
4. Does the rooted android handles cyrillic okay? File names is what concerns me, the default reader should continue to work I guess

Bit scared of that referb tho, once I get it, I'll move it half the world and won't be able to return back if there is something :/
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote