View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 PM   #46
phuocle
phuocle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle DX, Kindle Touch, iPad 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnimidhun View Post
After reading all the talk here the requirement of more capacity for storage, I would like to know as to how much would one usually store in one's reader ? I guess a 2GB card would be more than enough. I do not own any reader as of now, but I do have lot of PDF e-books on my laptop. There are around 1600 files and they occupy only around 1.37GB. And reading 1600 books would take me not less than 5 years I guess..

How much storage do the people who own readers usually require?
I think the answer depends. My books that are mainly text (no illustrations or pictures except for the cover) takes up very little space. But then I have books with a lot of illustrations and pictures, for example, Google Analytics 2.0. That book takes up 9.5 MB!

Don't forget the index of those books either. They take up some space as well.

Last but not least, if you're going to load MP3's onto your reader for background music or audio books, 2GB will fill up quick in a hurry. With memory cards going for so cheap these days (an 8GB SDHC card can be had for $35) it doesn't make sense to go with a lower capacity card. You should get the largest ones your device can handle.
phuocle is offline   Reply With Quote