View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #50
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Hmmm, worked on my testing. Not all tags for a book need to have shelves. You might need to post some more details. Also did you actually check the shelf/spot the message in the status bar after the action? I deliberately didn't put any sort of dialog box in the action, though I wondered about having some sort of confirmation message.

What I did was create a shelf called "science-fiction". I put a mapping between "science-fiction" and a Calibre tag of "Science Fiction". I had the tags column set to "Tags". Then picking a book that I had previously linked to Goodreads, I added a "Science Fiction" tag to the book, and then performed the "Upload tags as shelves". I get a message in the status bar, and when I view the shelf the book is on the Science Fiction shelf. I just tried it all again now with a custom genre column and that worked fine too.
I did not see a status, but then to be honest, I didn't think to look for one, either. I did check the shelf (in my case it was Fantasy/Supernatural), however. I will try it again.

Edit: Stupid question: Do I also have to add the book to one of the exclusive shelves first, and then upload the tags or should it do it all at one?

Last edited by Nyssa; 03-22-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote