View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 06:44 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
In the case of obvious errors such as this, I've achieved success in the past by contacting the publisher and asking them to review the price.
I've just taken a closer look at Hodder's Kindle ebook pricing. It does seem that this might be an isolated incident.

But even the general case is bad. The RRP for their Kindle books is lower (usually) that the RRP for the paperback edition, Amazon almost invariably discount the paperback price by 30% or more. Which means that in all but one of the books I've looked at so far (20+), the Kindle edition is now more expensive (by £1.00 or more) than the paperback from Amazon.

Way to kill Kindle sales, Hodder. Perhaps that's the idea.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote