Thread: Speed reading?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2004, 11:39 PM   #1
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Speed reading?

So I've always wanted to increase my reading speed. I have no idea how many words a minute I read but I've always felt it was too slow. I can do about 50 pages an hour on say a mass market paperback size book. I've looked into the idea of a speed reading program but it always seems like they are better suited to reading technical content and not fiction.

Lately I've been trying to read using iSilo's autoscroll feature. I try to crank up the scroll a little faster and see if I can keep up while still comprehending what I'm reading. I wonder if others on the board have tried techniques to increase their reading speed. I don't care to try and ramp it up to 2000+ words a minute. Heck if I could hit 75 or 100 pages an hour I'd be pleased.

It all comes down to too many books and too little time. And now with my iPaq and sites like blackmask, PG and manybooks it's depressing that I can't find a way to enjoy even more of them.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote