Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #69
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by azazel1024 View Post
Right before topping off, waking it it gave me an 8% warning for a few seconds and then immediately reported 98% charge in the settings menu. sigh....
Gee, are you sure you don't want to send this back and get a replacement? It almost sounds like it has a loose connection or something. Your Touch's behavior, from reading your postings, seems really bizarre, and outside the "normal" battery problems users like myself have been reporting. I think I'd return it if I were you. I think you are taking a chance thinking it might improve or settle down to being good enough. It might just stop working.

It's not all that difficult to send one back. I did it with my original mis-behaving Touch. You just alert them that you are doing it (on their website), and get a confirmation number. Then you print a prepaid shipping label, box the Nook up, bring it to UPS and send it. In the meantime, they send you a replacement. You'll have it within a few days. Very painless. Seems to me that it almost HAS to be better than your current one.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote