View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 08:54 AM   #43
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchleyportrait View Post
i have a couple of books i would like to do this with.

when i get some time i'll send them in.
Has anyone tried this yet? I have a lot of paper books that are not available in ebook form, and probably never will be. I have been waiting for the Ion Booksaver because I thought that might be an option for me to digitize my books, but it hasn't been released. I'm tired of storing and moving this huge collection of books, so I may send some in to 1DollarScan to be converted. I need good OCRed copies though because PDFs generally suck on my Kindle.

Please share any feedback about this service.

ETA: I looked at the site again. I had previously noticed that they OCR, but now I see that they only send PDFs. If the PDFs are OCRed, does that mean they are text PDFs that would be easier to convert to Mobi or EPUB? I thought when people use OCR software they get a text file, not a PDF.

Last edited by blue_skies; 08-24-2011 at 08:59 AM.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote