Thread: Battery Life
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #31
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Battery projections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
The Amazon kindle services are what is using most of mine too. Here's mine currently: (wifi is off)

96.46 % of battery consumed by:

Kindle System - 48.20%
Amazon Kindle - 47.59%
Kernel - 0.29%
Launcher - 0.17%
Badass Battery Monitor - 0.09%
Appstore - 0.03%
Amazon Device Client Platform - 0.02%
App Manager - 0.01%
Tapatalk - 0.01%
Pulse - 0.01%

My screen is taking 3.16% (I keep brightness down almost halfway most of the time)

Amazon Kindle (ebook reading) service for me runs only .07%. Your's runs 47.59%. Are you reading newspapers, comics, non-Amazon formats, etc.? I read an hour per dayof only Amazon ebooks and alternate with my 3rd Gen Kindle Kbd. However, your reading juice is way over mine.

I am also exploring the Fire a lot without any special use of any particular App. That also may make a difference.

My calculation of battery life is as follows: 100 (total percentage of use available) / 41 (present battery use) * 223 (present minues used since last charge) / 60 (convert to hours) = 9.07 (total hours available for use).

0.15 (Fire alert to recharge battery) * 9.07 (total hours available for use) = 1.36 (hours left on battery when it is to be recharged)

Thus, 7.71 hours are available for use before the Fire alert is given.

You can make the same calculation for yourself using that formula and the numbers taken from the Badass Battery Monitor. The Monitor, itself, will make those calculations after 6 number of months go by and it acquires the proper data.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-09-2011 at 01:44 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote