View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #59
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
I very much like this plugin. Just to report my (Kindle Keyboard) results .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you please try a search on words that have a soft-hyphen in them? It did not work with ADE 1.7.2 for Windows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Fair point. The physical soft hyphens added by the plugin do cause problems with the search-within-book function of the Kobo. It's not something I use very often so I didn't think to test. The soft hyphens added by the Kobo's own software don't appear to cause search problems....
Does work on the K3.4 :
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	search.gif
Views:	722
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	103612

Maybe the Kobo relies on seeing a &shy entity only and wrongly ignores the Unicode for soft hyphens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
From what I can see, Sony owners are out of luck... Kobo owners have the option if they want it. That's the situation today, who know's next week, next month... There are a lot of different ereaders in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
Removing ePub support from this plugin because ADE does not render soft hyphens would be like removing a CSS3 editor from an HTML application because some specific browser does not support it well.

I think it would be more constructive to ask Adobe to implement soft hyphens into ADE. BTW I'll install and check it!

Soft hyphens are a part of the standard. Implementing or not implementing a specific feature is a eReader design choice (or bug!).

Totally. Coding for the standard rather than for a specific reader seems the best approach to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirl8 View Post
More from Adobe Digital Editions.

Just downloaded and installed v2.0 for windows. It automatically hyphenates ePubs (plugin not needed).

Searching does not work in the soft-hyphenated version.
Does work fine on the K3.4. Even dictionary entries PopUp properly:
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	dict PopUp.gif
Views:	668
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	103611
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote