View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #47
anjirlly
Groupie
anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle on Android phone; PB360; Sony 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Laundry Basket Challenge, in which I plan to read 25 of the unread pbooks I own. This is about clearing the decks in a way, but it's also about examining the impulse to buy books that I have no immediate plans to read. At the same time, I plan to hold the thought that owning a books is not sufficient justification to read it. Perhaps I've moved on, perhaps something is dated in itself or was simply a mistake--I want to be more thoughtful both about what I read and what I acquire. I'd also like to eliminate some of the physical and emotional clutter involved in books on shelves.
This is a challenge that I want to take on, too! Thanks for articulating it so well.
anjirlly is offline   Reply With Quote