View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:07 AM   #50
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
Also, I guess it's time to find a clean way to boot the kindle chroot. At the moment I'm just executing the init files manually, but that's not exactly robust. And unfortunately you can't just start upstart and let it do its thing, it seems to work only as PID 1. So I'm a bit stuck on that issue.
maybe it would work to run a script during init of the official software. I wouldn't know though how to remove it after testing... it would surely help to have serial access, in order to put together an image that only boots the kindle os.
Right now if I try to start another telnet session while in chroot, connection is refused; probably fixing this would permit to automatically chroot and running upstart at boot, and in case of problems removing that script through ftp/telnet/ssh.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote