View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #26968
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
It does seem that the degree Celsius is just a little big for fine distinctions of human-range temperature. Hmm... if we redefined Kelvin and went for the triple point of water being 1000K, that might be interesting. We could use K-1000 for everyday use, call it degrees Kelvin (to distinguish it from scientific Kelvin), which would make the freezing point of water (just about ) 0, and a cool room (c15C) 55 degrees K, a warm room (c.22C) 80 degrees K, and a hot day (c35C) 130 degrees K and boiling water c. 366 degrees K.

I suppose it'll never catch on.

But I still win.
Why not just add a decimal point to Celsius measurements. 21.4C is obviously a rather comfortable temperature.

I win.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote