View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
huma79
huma79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrule View Post
The Touch does PDF reflow really well straight out of the box. The font sizes available, however, are kinda strange. Either too big or too small but never just right, imho. You can't highlight or note yet—hopefully they'll ad features soon though.

I tried ezPDFReader, and it works nearly perfectly. Though, as the app is intended for smartphones that tend to support, say, pinching, some the features don't work as expected. After enabling reflow of a pdf, for example, if you double tap to zoom, then do it again and again, you'll notice that there is no way to zoom back out. Only two commands can zoom back out; a two-fingered double-tap, or a pinch out. So the only way to get it back to a readable size is to exit back to the menu and reload it.

If you don't need to highlight, bookmark, note, etc., a pdf, then the built-in viewer is the better of the two.

Hope that helps!
That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks a lot! I *do* need to do a lot of highlighting though, so it sounds like ezPDF would be better for me. I dont think I would be doing much zooming in on reflowed text or images anyway.

Since I do need to read a lot of files in PDF format, i've considered getting a proper tablet, however I'd like to go with e-ink mainly for two reasons: cost, and the fact that I can rest my eyes since I stare at a backlit LCD screen anyway for most of the day. I may go for the Sony PRS-950 since it's so large, especially in landscape mode.
huma79 is offline   Reply With Quote