View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #30
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Launch in the EU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
iTunes video was in fact recently "launched" in the UK, so I think they are trying to expand it. It is a pity that many companies in the US market do seem to take a rather "insular" outlook. Perhaps they don't realise that the EU is a considerably larger market than the US!
Well, I'm not sure it's purely about an "insular" outlook. I don't have any inside information here -- I'm just speculating -- however, I suspect it is a rights management issue. I know that when a book is published it is handled by different publishers in each region and/or country.

So you may need to begin pressuring your local publishers. Who knows, if you can get a progressive local publisher, maybe you can get someone to repeat the Baen model.

Michael
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote