View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
...My prediction, Since their numbering equates to specific print version the odds that this will be implemented in calibre conversions to mobi is very remote. I don't see Amazon having any reason to supply this data via a API like their metadata. Of course anything is possible.
True. Without a database that correlates some print version's pages numbers with a particular text string, or some other text attribute, there would be no way for a converter to create the new page numbers, whatever underlying mechanism Amazon is planning to use.

The only dream feature I can think of that might work would be for a super intelligent PDF converter to not only strip headers and footer automagically, but to also read the page numbers in either the header or footer and generate Amazon's new page number tags in the appropriate locations (or build the location to page number data table if that is the mechanism).
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote