View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #27
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
So, the whiteness of the screen and the contrast is similar to T2?

Because I read a different impression:

"I love the new Sony reader, the screen has (to my eyes) far better contrast than that of PW, Glo and Aura HD. ... The text is black and crisp, background whitest I have ever seen"

I can confirm that Aura HD has a very similar contrast and whiteness and even the hue of the white color as T2.

However, T3 still uses Pearl when Kindle switched to a newer Carta.
This is a bit disturbing. Is now Sony a second-tier e-reader maker not allowed to use the newest e-ink screens?
I remember when Sony and Amazon did this together to others.

In any case, I will buy T3 if/when it is rooted. On T1 and T2 I am using Cool Reader and GoldenDict with the native Sony indexing of books switched off. So I need the same on T3 in order to consider buying it.

Last edited by parkher; 09-20-2013 at 07:29 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote