Thread: Touch Power code regression?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
As a by-the-by, does anyone know a way of determining the linux kernel version used? I can't seem to find anything in the firmware itself (short of reverse engineering) and all I can find in the user partition is a text file named "version" in .kobo containing "2.6.35.3" which is indicative though not definitive of course.

Now if 2.6.35 is the kernel version used, then this may help explain the high power consumption (though not the trigger for the problem itself) since there was a bad power regression of around 18% over previous kernel versions introduced in 2.6.35 and a further cumulative regression of 5% introduced with 2.6.38 according to Phoronix. Other sources will no doubt confirm this.
Hah. That is quite interesting indeed. I can hardly imagine such an exact match of string of numbers being two different things so you might be on to something. I want to check my Touch's kernel version now but I don't want to plug it in and mess up the battery test... hmmm... I'll think about it a bit and maybe stop the test

On the other hand, you never know, maybe the numbers are a coincidence.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote