View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #15
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
can't you save a book to your desktop (or calibre) and then I dunno... either email it to someone or have them hook up to your computer and transfer it that way?
If the lendee's reading device is registered to the lender's installation of ADE, then yes, you can lend ebooks by e-mail. But then they can't register it to their OWN installation of ADE, so that's probably best kept within a single household at least.

P.S. Just remembered: I lent my sister several ebooks by putting them on one of my "extra" readers, DRM intact, and lending her the reader. She called me last week and asked if two of the books were available in hard copy. She read the ebooks and liked them and wants them for her collection, and is going to buy them in hard copy. See what you're missing with your fears of piracy, publishers?

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 10-25-2010 at 03:56 PM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote