View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #93
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonK View Post
I have a couple of questions I'm hoping someone can answer. I've received my Kindle last month and this is my first time trying this. I understand that the screensavers need to go into the linkss/screensavers folder. And I have my new screensavers ready to go thanks to detailed instructions I found. However, do the screensavers have to have any specific name much as the fonts in the hack do? Also, if I have to remove the hack for major updates will I have to reinstall the original screensavers? I would appreciate any help you could give me.

S.
Nope, your screensavers can be named as you see fit. Their filename will only change the order in which they'll be displayed (that, or their timestamp, not sure yet).

And for major updates, you'll only have to delete the trigger file (linkss/auto), reboot, and you should then be able to install official updates without removing the hack.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote