View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #10
The Hooded Claw
Connoisseur
The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.The Hooded Claw got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Android phone with Kindle app, Kindle 4 in reserve
I've seen the reports of Amazon losing money at the $9.99 price, and I assume they are true--Now whether the publisher would truly lose money if they lowered Amazon's cost to fit, I have no idea.

I'm weary of watching hardbook book prices rise, and I'm one of those who has resolved not to buy any Kindle book priced over $9.99.....Amazon probably doesn't care, but it is still what I'm doing! If enough people stick to that, perhaps the publishers will decide that lowering the price in return for increased volume is in their interests. But for now they are reacting to ebooks the way that the music industry tried to react to MP3s.
The Hooded Claw is offline   Reply With Quote