View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 10:34 AM   #773
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@LucyOne - I'm not sure how it decides which format to use. I only count words, and I usually have DOCX and EPUB formats. As far as I can tell the PI always counts the DOCX - even though EPUB was saved later than the DOCX, and EPUB is my Preferred Output format.

I just copied a 40K word book which had a DOCX and EPUB to a different book with just the EPUB format. I ran count pages with calibre in debug mode on both books. The first job counted the DOCX and took 7 secs, the second job counted the EPUB and took 2 secs.

It would be useful if the PI had a setting where the user could explicitly specify the preferred format to use for the counts - in my case it would always be EPUB.

Oh, my rig is similar to yours, although I only have 6GB RAM and I run Win 10.

BR
From the manual:
Code:
The first approach is estimation based on the book content, provided you have an ePub format or a format that is convertible to ePub. The format used if your book has multiple is chosen based on your Preferred Input Format order, that you set in Preferences -> Behavior.
Note It seems if you select the Adobe count, you must have EPUB to begin with. No silent convert.

@LucyOne

Aborting can give strange error messages; You did interrupt it in the middle of something (since it did not bomb on its own).
Complete Works are usually insanely complex. I know that I could not carry the (hardback) books (in a set) of many authors, all at the same time
Maybe the computer was making 2 trips
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote