View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 03:32 AM   #770
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
I just did some page counts (paragraph algorithm) and readability calculations (Flesch Reading Ease). The plugin is awfully slow and it gets slower the more books I add. On one large book (19 MB) it froze and gave this error message when I aborted the process via task manager:

calibre, version 2.34.0 (win32, isfrozen: True)
Failed to count statistics: Failed: Count Page/Word Statistics

Count Page/Word Statistics
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 1882 (Complete Works)
Python function terminated unexpectedly
argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 193, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 133, in arbitrary_n
File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.jobs", line 81, in do_count_statistics
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

My computer is an i5-4690 with 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Calibre 2.34 and the newest version of the plugin installed. My Calibre library is on the SSD where the system is also installed. My books are in EPUB format, mostly with AZW3 for the same book, or PDF.

Here are some examples:
1 book: 3 to 8 seconds
3 books: 12 to 45 seconds

When I try 5 or more books the job is running but hasn't really started after 45 sec as there is no info in the job details.

Yesterday, after I installed the plugin, I managed to do about 130 page counts in several batches but it got slower and slower and wouldn't do anything after a while.

Edit: I disabled Readability and it seems to work much faster now.

Last edited by LucyOne; 08-11-2015 at 03:54 AM.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote