Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #707
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Here's one to stump the panel. It's certainly stumped me for years, at any rate. It's the story of a catatonic schizophrenic told in the first person, and I haven't the foggiest notion of the author's name. The following quotation from the book's opening is probably so way off target as to be laughable, as it's quoted from a reading that took place probably 45 years ago, but here's the way I remember it:

Quote:
Who am I. They said I was a tonic. A tonic? Yes, they said I was cat tonic. A tonic for cats. No, that's not right. It was something else. "Cat O'Tonic", an Irish name. That's who I am. I'm catatonic!
I thought the name of the book was Cat, but a search of that name brought up nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote