Thread: Menus
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Normally I accept your moves; however the original post DID MEET THE CRITERIA; the author was asking about writing a PLUGIN to support menus...
He wasn't at all clear that he is interested in writing a plugin or code to support his inquiry. The sticky post states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This subforum is not the place for bug reports, enhancement proposals unless you make clear in your post that you are prepared to develop the enhancements yourself, discussions about how to use calibre, regular expressions, how to import and export, or other general questions.
His post seemed more like an enhancement request or "how to" question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
And why you move this to a LIBRARY MANAGEMENT sub-forum is totally beyond me.
Since he was asking about using existing features of the calibre library GUI it seemed appropriate, but placing it in the general calibre forum might be better.

Karma your way for adding clarity.

I moved it back to the development forum. I still don't think this is appropriate for the development forum, but I'll leave it in development to give the OP a chance to expresses his interest in developing code to add the menu structure he desires.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-30-2011 at 02:06 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote