View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I personally don't care for authors telling me where to buy their books - unless they're not available from the mainstream sources (amazon, b&n, kobo, booksonboard)...

I hate it when they don't update their webistes in any kind of reasonable timeframe - so the "latest offering" is really two or three books ago!

I was stunned when I went to one author's website and her HOME page was her "about me" page, not her "about my books" page. Eek, but honestly, I really don't care to know that much about most of the authors I read, but I'd prefer to have a choice...seemed incredibly arrogant to me.

I'll add a +1 to the issue of not being able to find book lists (and reading order), of flash-based websites, of music blasting (especially if there's no way to turn it off).

I'd also say I'm always surprised (and a bit frustrated) when authors don't have descriptions of the books they're trying to convince you to try, or some kind of excerpt.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote