View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #10
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
You can't just read a DRM protected book on your ereader unless it's an ereader connected to the store that you bought the ebook from,
erm... Not true, at least not in my experience.

When I got my Kobo a month or so ago I purposely tested this, authorizing my reader and then dragging / dropping epubs I had purchased from Sony and B&N. They all opened without any problems. I didn't even use ADE to load them, just dragged the epubs from the download file.

UPDATE: Well, tested this again, and I'm half right, Sony epubs work fine, but the B&N files did not.

Last edited by david_e; 12-03-2012 at 11:24 AM. Reason: correcting myself
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote