View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #875
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
The 505 turns the epub into a thin column of text down the middle of the screen when zoomed to medium or large font. This makes it very awkward to read. Also, the great formatting which the uploader has done is lost.

Calibre makes a mediocre job of the conversion. This may be because I find Calibre a bit techie to use and am not very good at it. Lrf is only obsolete when no one uses it; some of us still do. I would upgrade the reader if there was a better, dedicated reader to update to, but I just don't like any of the current ones as much as the 505.

Maybe you could hold a poll about whether members still want/use this format? For the moment, I'd be grateful if you'd still upload books in it. Manybooks still has it, but the books from there are not illustrated or formatted as nicely as they are on MB. Thanks.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote