Thread: Pocketbook 302
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap View Post
Hi Jim, thanks for your help where might I get the adobeviewer and fbreader180 easily?

Cheers
You can always get the latest version of fbreader180 here. There is a read file in the archive. I just copied the system folder in the archive to the system folder on the internal flash drive on the PB 302.

You can get the hacked adobe viewer in post 21 in this thread. I recommend you read the whole thread as there is useful info there regarding it.

After you copy both fbreader180 and the hacked adobeviewer to the system\bin folder you will need to edit the userstyle1.css and the extensions.cfg.

For Adobeviewer I like ApparatusSIL font and a little bit of a border around my text. So here is the userStyle1.css (The filename is case sensitive) that I use. I'm wrapping it in a spoiler to take up a little less room. I've also included what you would do (as a comment) if you wanted to include the DroidSerif font instead.

Spoiler:
Code:
/* My Font additions */
/*
@font-face { font-family: "DroidSerif"; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/DroidSerif-Regular.ttf); }
@font-face { font-family: "DroidSerif"; font-weight: bold;   font-style: normal; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/DroidSerif-Bold.ttf); }
@font-face { font-family: "DroidSerif"; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/DroidSerif-Italic.ttf); }
@font-face { font-family: "DroidSerif"; font-weight: bold;   font-style: italic; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf); }
*/
@font-face { font-family: "ApparatusSIL"; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/AppSILR.ttf); }
@font-face { font-family: "ApparatusSIL"; font-weight: bold;   font-style: normal; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/AppSILB.ttf); }
@font-face { font-family: "ApparatusSIL"; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/AppSILI.ttf); }
@font-face { font-family: "ApparatusSIL"; font-weight: bold;   font-style: italic; src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/AppSILBI.ttf); }

/* Standard elements */

@page {
  margin-top: 12px !important;
  margin-right: 8px !important;
  margin-bottom: 4px !important;
  margin-left: 8px !important;
}

html, body { 
  font-family: "ApparatusSIL", sans-serif !important;
  margin-top: 12px !important;
  margin-right: 8px !important;
  margin-bottom: 4px !important;
  margin-left: 8px !important;
  text-align: justify;
  line-height: 100%;
}

p {
  orphans: 1;
  widows: 1;
}

I also downloaded the beta browser app that is included in the firmware thread and changed my extensions.cfg to allow use of that. Here's my extenstions.cfg. If you don't install the browser.app (put it in the bin directory) you should remove that from the html line.

Spoiler:

Code:
txt:@Text_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
fb2:@FB2_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_FB2
htm:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app,browser.app:ICON_HTM
html:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app,browser.app:ICON_HTM
php:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
cgi:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
asp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
jsp:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
pl:@HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_HTM
chm:@Z_HTML_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_CHM
rtf:@RTF_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_RTF
doc:@DOC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docx:@DOC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
docm:@DOC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_DOC
prc:@PRC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
pdb:@PRC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
mobi:@PRC_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_PRC
tcr:@TCR_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app:ICON_TXT
pdf:@PDF_file:1:pdfviewer.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_PDF
djvu:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
djv:@DJVU_file:1:djviewer.app:ICON_DJVU
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader180.app,fbreader.app,AdobeViewer.app,MyAdobeViewer.app:ICON_EPUB
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:jpegviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
mp3:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
wav:@Music_file:3:play.app:ICON_MP3
app:@APP_file:4:start.app:ICON_APP

With all these changes, I've added the hacked adobeviewer for epubs, the fbreader180 to supplement fbreader and the beta browser for html files.

Last edited by JimMcLaren; 06-20-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Fix mispelling, clarity & downright errors.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote