View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #5861
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I always wondered why the people in books said "see-ahh-oh" when they took their departure, when in real life I only ever heard people say "chow". Took me a long while to realize both were the same word - ciao.
Just the other day I overheard two young college students talking in the International Center. The Japanese boy said his hobby was Karate, pronouncing it Kah-rah-tay. The American boy nodded and said that he practiced Koo-rahdi, and then asked what was Kah-rah-tay?

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-03-2013 at 03:11 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote