Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #69
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaniaspeedy View Post
I'm going to try and use this to interject a password request for certain collections.

[...]

Found a promising class in /booklet/home.jar, called CollectionDisplayController
Unfortunately my java experience is too limited. Ixtab, would you be interested in helping out with this tweak? I've asked around, demand for a clean solution for password protecting collections definitely exists.
This is certainly the right class to look at (or at least, to start looking at). However, I think there is a more fundamental issue: books (or content, or items, whatever you want to call it) are independent from collections. In other words, an item can be part of 0 or more collections. It can be reached through the home screen directly, or indirectly through any of the containing collections...

I don't know what you're really looking for, but if you want to control access to specific items (contained in a collection or not), you'd probably want this "access control" on the item itself, not on the collection. Or did I get something wrong?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote