Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #117
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If it's primarily intended for video, then yes, 16:9 is a better aspect ratio than 4:3. But 4:3 is better for reading, web browsing, and probably most other applications which involve reading text. Pros and cons, as always.
When I play 16:9 videos on my 4:3 screen it is played at 16:9 with black space top and bottom. Since my 8" 4:3 screen is 6.4 inches wide and my 7" 16:9 is 6.1 inches wide, a 16:9 video displayed on the 8" screen is 5% larger.

If you want to watch old TV shows, as I do, that were filmed in 4:3 you are far better off with a 4:3 tablet. On a 7" 16:9, the old shows are only 4.6X3.4 inches with black space left and right.

It seems to me that an 8" 4:3 might be the best all around tablet format. But as the saying goes:"to each his own".

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote