View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #33
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
I strip DRM, I don't use the cloud and I back up my files.

I keep wondering who you are trying to convince?
Yes, and as I understand DRM stripping scripts, they don't actually "strip" the encryption, they just use the existing credentials to read the file in clear text, then copy that clear text to another file. Much like if you opened the DRM file in an ereader, then typed the resulting text into another process.

There is nothing to prevent doing the same thing with an encrypted file in the cloud. So what's the difference? A local encrypted file or a remote encrypted file. The results are the same.