Thread: PRC to MOBI
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The optional MOBI cover is typically a JPEG close to 800x600 in size. If you created the PRC file via BD, then you may already have a large image that can be converted to JPEG. If not, then mobi2html will extract the images from the PRC file and you can use any image program to increase its size and convert to JPEG (I use IrfanView). If there is already a cover image in the PRC file, --coverimage will replace this with the larger JPEG. The --addthumbnail option will make a thumbnail that will be used in the library view on some devices.
For the Gen3 it seems that adding a cover image is enough but to get the library image i the desktop version you have to add a thumb nail image.

I suddenly realize I have forgotten to rescale the images so if you input an image larger than 64k it will not work so good. Also there is an issue with large images (600x800) smaller than 64k on the Gen3. I will add my rescaling code to the next version. It is a bit unfortunate that I have not yet found the bug in the generated files that forces me to shrink the images a bit (to 480x640) for them to work on the Gen3. I think I will prioritize this bug...
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote