View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Like many Stieg Larsson fans, I'm still looking for the "next Stieg Larson". So far I like Jussi Adler-Olsen and Jo Nesbø best. (I read some Henning Mankell books, liked them but not enough to read the whole series.)
Also while I'm at it, who's the best translator for Nordic languages? IIRC, the English translator of the Stieg Larsson novels got some flak, because he occasionally left out whole paragraphs.
I'm not familiar with most of the authors on your list, so I didn't vote, but having read Stieg Larsson's trilogy, I wonder why you would want to find another author like him. I would think you would want to find a significantly better author. I admit I am judging him by the English translations of his books and he might be much better in the originals, but in the English translations I do not think his writing is even as good as much of the original pulp fiction writing.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote