View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #24
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
I hear your sentiments but until this professor speaks at the Conference during the week we won't be much further advanced in our knowledge. And then maybe not either, depending on how privileged the reportage is.
With all due respect (and I, unlike most people who use that phrase, actually mean it and won't be following it with an insult), I don't think you do hear my sentiment. How could you hear it above the din that ensued because the author of the article isn't praising paranormal-romance-novel-reading as the zenith of mental exercise?

I haven't once made suppositions about the data of the study. All I've done is respond to other posters who did (specifically, QuantumIguana's posited tests, which are intended to counterbalance the bias of said study, and which are interesting in themselves, but which I feel would simply add another level of bias).

Praising/teaching Shakespeare is drawing fire for the same reason people can't stop talking about how they hate the iPhone or the Federal Reserve:-- because the arguments have been made repeatedly before and to reiterate them is to bask in fast-food individuality.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 01-15-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote