View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #285
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
At least symlinks take almost no space on the root partition so we can restore the missing ones (i.e. things that pre-installed amazon apps don't need). We can only hope they do not add a dumb-ass startup script that deletes library symlinks, or our "jailbreak" will have to override it...

The nook simple touch is on sale at sears.com with free shipping now, for only $79.99, and when rooted it can do a LOT more stuff than a jailbroken kindle touch (and being android, it can even run angry birds, but with "eink smears"). With amazon OTA updates breaking our kindle toys without our permission, the nook is looking awfully tempting (much more "bang for the buck"), it has excellent "rooting" reviews, and USB OTA support is already working (see external USB keyboard here): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165011
I don't have a use for a "touch" anything. The K3 that I do have will suit my needs just fine (possibly without the Amazon firmware even).
This KT scratchbox2 development environment I am putting together is for other people's use.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote