Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #2
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Welcome to the forum, and I think you're making a good choice.

I certainly don't claim to know everything about downloading, and I can't buy from B&N because I live in Australia. This is what I do on my computer running Windows 7:
- I probably get more books from the MobileRead library than I buy, and I download them into the Downloads folder
- I buy books from several ebooks stores, and usually downoad them through Adobe Digital Editions which puts them in the My Digital Editions folder. I expect that B&N has its own desktop reader, will make it's own folder on your computer, and will tell you what the folder is called.
- B&N makes it's ebooks for the Nook, which use a different DRM system than anyone else. So you will need to meet my friend Apprentice Alf to help you remove the DRM. I do this routinely for every ebook which has been defiled by DRM before I load it on the my Sony.
- Once the ebook has been cleansed I use calibre to copy it from whatever folder it's in to the calibre library, and from the calibre library to the reader.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote