View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 04:22 PM   #3
Fi3ryPh03n1x
Fi3ryPh03n1x began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I posted this idea as a reply in another thread initially, and then decided to try it as a separate thread afterward. Here is a reply from Starson17 with some good questions I received in the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Which series entry would you sort on when you sorted by series? Which value would you use for the filename when Save to Disk had series in the template? For readers and programs that use single valued series, which would you put in there? When editing metadata and assigning multiple selected books to a series, what would you do with the multiple listed series? Delete one and keep others? Delete the first only? Delete all? Keep all and add the new one?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi3ryPh03n1x View Post
Good questions. Rather than address each question separately, I'll briefly elaborate on my idea and see if it helps address the issues you brought up. The group of series could have an assigned 'Primary' checkbox. You'd simply check the series that trumps the others. The primary entry could be used for Save to Disk, NextInSeries Indexing, etc. Editing multiple books in a series could affect the primary entry. All other entries could be considered the 'shortcut/ghost' entries I am suggesting.
Fi3ryPh03n1x is offline   Reply With Quote